Museums & Cultural Institutions
Whether listening to an audio tour, watching a subtitled video, or using a tablet to explore an interactive exhibit, visitors prefer to engage with content in their own language.
Museums and cultural institutions everywhere recognize the diversity of their audiences. Translation enables these organizations to make authentic, culturally sensitive content accessible to diverse local communities as well as international visitors.
engage multilingual visitors
Eriksen helps museums, cultural institutions, and attractions develop deep, meaningful connections with their visitors by making print, digital, and multimedia content available in multiple languages.
We can help you develop:
- Maps and visitor guides
- Marketing and advertising materials
- Press releases
- Audio tours
- Exhibition catalogues
- Gallery signage
- Exhibition labels
- Video voiceover and subtitling
we speak your language
We are proud to work with leaders in the world of arts and culture. Our clients include:
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Brooklyn Museum
- California Academy of Sciences
- Denver Botanical Gardens
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Getty Conservation Institute
- Hauser & Wirth
- Hearst Castle
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Jewish Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art
- Smithsonian’s Freer/Sackler
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
- The Frick Collection
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The National Gallery of Art
- The National Park Service
- The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Salvador Dali Museum
With more than 30 years of experience supporting cultural institutions, Eriksen has cultivated a trusted network of translators, editors, and typesetters who provide the special level of care required by the cultural sector. Possessing professional experience in art and culture, our translators have the expertise needed to translate specialized terminology with nuance and cultural sensitivity.
By making resources accessible in a range of languages, we can help you develop stronger connections with your visitors, foster dialogue, and encourage in-depth exploration with your local audiences as well as visitors from around the globe.
The 9/11 Memorial appreciates how much attention Eriksen has given to our projects. Often with aggressive timelines, you always find a way to make it happen.
Joe Daniels, Fmr. President, National September 11 Memorial & Museum